Think about this before you begin your installation:
- Ensure that your subfloor is flat, dry, and smooth.
- Always use underlayment under your laminate floor for soundproofing. Some laminates have underlayment built into the bottom layer, if not, find a good one.
- Laminate flooring and underlayment/vapor barrier can be installed over concrete, wood flooring, vinyl tile, linoleum, tile, or virtually any other hard, flat surface.
- Take extra care when installing laminate flooring over radiant heating. Ensure that you read both the laminate flooring and radiant heat system instructions carefully before beginning.
- Read your laminate flooring manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully.
- Allow your laminate flooring to acclimatize to the room where it will be installed for as long as possible (at least 48 hours) by opening the boxes and letting the laminate stay, uninstalled, in the room.
- Inspect each laminate flooring panel carefully for defects or damage before installing it.
Was this answer helpful ? Yes / No